ATTENTION: Make sure your Dash is charged to at least 15% battery before updating firmware.
To update your Dash with Stages Sync, visit the Sync Firmware Update page.
Release #: 2.4.0
Replaces Release #: 2.3.1
- All sensor preferences (for cases where there is more than one source of data) moved to the profile settings.
- Cadence, speed, and distance from a trainer are saved in the FIT file.
- 3-second power and cadence fields go to zero irrespective of P+C zeros setting.
- Color wheel improvements for visibility in all cell sizes.
- Lap time added to color wheel when not in a workout.
- Time zone settings are retained after firmware updates.
- Battery level reports correctly for ANT legacy sensors.
- Dash correctly honors sleep setting when GPS is lost while GPS pause is enabled.
- SRM power meter issues resolved.
- Lap speed appears correctly in the lap overlay and lap history chart.
- Lap heart rate displays correctly in the color wheel.
- Default position of the arrow in the color wheel is now 0.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.3.1
Replaces Release #: v2.2.1
- Trainer Control:
- Connect to ANT+ FE-C enabled trainers.
- New trainer control data field.
- Control resistance and active trainer workouts using interactive data fields.
- Disable control and use the device in view-only mode to display trainer data.
- Interactive Data Fields: Fields with additional options will show a cog icon in the bottom left corner for 10 seconds.
- Enter custom wheel sizes for speed sensors using the text editor.
- Sensor data preferences (power source, cadence source, and movement source) moved to profile settings (previously in the individual sensor menu).
- Increased resolution for elevation recording from 2m to 20cm.
- Sensor limit increased from 10 to 14 for ANT, 12 for Bluetooth.
- Added sensor limit notification.
- Dash no longer goes to sleep while a ride is active.
- Actual kilojoule values are reported.
- Phone notification snooze setting now resets after a ride.
- Adjusted power and T-score remain accurate over longer rides.
- Dash powers off after 1 hour of sleep regardless of phone notifications.
- Power2Max Bluetooth connection repaired.
- Sensor disconnect and reconnect no longer results in a big power spike when the user starts pedaling before reconnect.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.2.1
Replaces Release #: v2.2.0
- Target RPM field expanded to fit three digits.
- Saved indication added to edit pages.
- Targets in the Power or Heart Rate Zone data fields now report to the tenth place.
- Maps remain visible after editing a page with a map on it during a ride.
- Dash no longer records sensor data during paused time, in order to resolve some issues on platforms that do not treat pause and resume events correctly.
- Indoor rides with no GPS are now listed in the current timezone rather than defaulting to GMT +0.
- Workout steps with no targets are now handled correctly, and will show no target definition.
- Workout notification settings now work as intended.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.2.0
Replaces Release #: v2.1.1
- Map tool update – streamlined pan and zoom functionality.
- Workout graph enhancements:
- Power/heart rate graphs now appear on top of target values in the workout graph.
- Target range is now shaded on the workout graph (instead of max target value).
- Workout graph zooms to the current for the first 30 seconds, then shows the current and next 4 intervals.
- Graph y-axis includes a 100 W buffer above the largest interval target.
- Workout graph remains viewable past the end of a workout.
- Sleep mode added.
- Charging indication while Dash is powered off.
- Outer and inner interval support through Stages Link workout builder.
- New tones specific to radar notifications.
- Added Thai language.
- Added wheel size prompt when adding a new speed sensor.
- Snooze phone notifications temporarily during a ride using the shortcut overlay.
- Stages LR meters paired via Bluetooth now show left/right balance.
- Changes to any settings in the Link app will immediately show up on the Dash.
- Veloviewer courses exported as FIT files now have navigation cues.
- Added support for Favero Assioma pedals.
- Added support for Cinch power meters.
- Added support for PowerTap pedals.
- Shortcut menu functions as intended while viewing the sensor search page.
- Power and cadence averages in .FIT files are consistent with Dash UI.
- Garmin speed sensors paired to profiles with sensor pause enabled no longer cause numerous start/stop notifications.
- Correct speed data is now recorded during GPS pause (speed prior to pause is no longer held as a constant).
- Garmin Vector pedals ANT ID’s now appear correctly in sensor menus.
- Rides completed on the last day of some months appear in the correct month within ride history.
- Average speed displayed during a ride now matches the average speed reported in ride history.
- Files over 2GB are now successfully deleted when executing a factory reset.
- Dash now drops power and cadence values to 0 while stopped.
- Lap average speed now displays correctly in the lap summary overlay.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.1.1
Replaces Release #: v2.1.0
- Connecting both a speed sensor and radar via ANT would cause disconnect/connect overlays to repeatedly appear.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.1.0
Replaces Release #: v2.0.0
- Radar integration – Connect to the Varia radar to be notified of oncoming cars from your Dash. Radar integration includes:
- Approaching car display provides alerts for proximity and relative speed.
- Enable audio and visual notifications for approaching vehicles.
- Edit profile data pages from the Link App. Available with version 2.4.2 and later on both iOS and Android.
- Add and delete profiles.
- Add and delete pages.
- Adjust field layouts and field size.
- Customize fields.
- Custom training zones – Customize training zone ranges, add/delete zones, and change zone colors.
- Calendar workouts and courses synced to the Dash now show the date in front of their name.
- Zero reset values are now saved in the FIT file and tracked in the Power Meter tab in Stages Link.
- Courses from VeloViewer now include navigation cues.
- Settings synced from the Link App now appear on the Dash settings page immediately.
- When in low or metered power modes, a notification will wake the Dash.
- Error logging is now recorded in the logs file in .dash > logs.
- Ride file save time is significantly reduced.
- Auto-zone FTP detection now allows you to accept the new value or keep your current FTP.
- Drag files directly onto the Dash, as previously possible only to the add_files folder. The Dash will now read the files and place them in the correct folders. Add_files still works as it has.
- “Synced to Link” icon added to ride history records.
- Fixed an instance of maps freezing while riding a course.
- Occasionally the UI would show distance accumulation, but the FIT file would not. The FIT file now records movement the same as the UI display.
- Dash rides now show total descent in Stages Link.
- Korean characters are no longer cut off in data fields.
- Battery percentage on the M50 could be inaccurate and jump around between charge cycles.
- Dash now reads SRM power meters correctly.
- Courses with accents or other special characters in their names now work in the add_files folder.
Current Firmware Release #: v2.0.0
Replaces Release #: v1.1.2
- Battery life improvement for both M50 and L50: Extends Dash run time to 11+ hours, even while using functions like maps, courses, power, and heart rate sensors. In Low power mode, run times up to 24h are possible (L50).
- GPS reception improvement.
- Map text, course directionality, and map loading speed improvements.
- Demo mode.
- Faster startup time when powering on.
- Ride records will now include both the date and start time, rather than end time, so you know when they occurred.
- Next step workout overlays appear before the start of the next step so you know what’s coming.
- Completed ride files now auto-associate with courses and workouts previously added to the Stages Link calendar.
- Improved power meter connectivity (occasional disconnections resolved).
- Improved accuracy for ride metrics, including average speed, altitude, distance, heart rate, and calories.
- Added factory reset option: reset user settings & profiles while retaining workouts, courses and maps.
- Workouts and courses can now be added to rides in progress.
- GPS and power metrics will no longer record when a ride is paused.
- Heart rate data will continue to update when a ride is paused.
- Heart rate sensors will stay connected when a ride is paused.
- Dash could get stuck in “Entering USB mode”—Dash now enters USB mode successfully.
- Reported battery life will now reflect actual battery life when Dash is fully charged.
- Compliance targets in Link will match Training Peaks targets.
- Data fields for sensors that disconnect will now show “–”
- Text is formatted to fit within data field boundaries without bleeding into other fields.
- Page editing will no longer result in duplicate fields populating on pages.
- Auto-backlight mode issues are resolved.
- T-Score continues accurate calculation for T-scores above 200.
- Some intensity factor spans would not show data—those not supported have been removed.
Current Firmware Release #: v1.1.2
Replaces Release #: v1.1.1
- At low elevation, the Dash can at times stop logging altitude data for the rest of the ride.
- FIT file can become corrupted.
Current Firmware Release #: v1.1.1
Replaces Release #: v1.0.1
- Added ride history functionality.
- Added lap history preset page and lap summary overlay.
- Added adaptive zones feature to auto-adjust FTP and FThr based on recent ride data.
- Added new power management settings to optimize battery usage.
- Overall battery life improvements.
- Increased text size for units to improve readability.
- Map improvements: Updated color for breadcrumb trail, course overlap indicator, progress indicator for pan/zoom tools and map tile loading.
- Added navigation cues data field.
- Added next step and previous step workout data fields.
- Added last lap span for data fields.
- Added workout compliance to ride files to allow users to view compliance information in Stages Link.
- Outer interval support for Stages Link workouts containing both outer and inner intervals.
- Workout graph auto zoom feature: Workout graph will zoom to a 5-minute scale within 30s of an interval ending.
- Faster ride sync over Bluetooth.
- Workouts can be added during a ride.
- FIT file improvements (ride summary and device/sensor information).
- Various other minor improvements.
- Speed/cadence sensor bug: Fixes issues with over reported distance when using a speed sensor.
- Fixed heart rate zone issues.
- Fixed heart rate zone color wheel issues.
- Fixed power meter auto zero and crank length settings.
- Fixed various issues with RideWithGPS course files.
- Fixed workout cadence targets.
- Fixed rapid fluctuations in gradient and elevation.
- Time of day not updating while paused.
- Fixed map flipping issue.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
Current Firmware Release #: v1.0.1
Replaces Release #: n/a