Date: 12/3/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.10.3
Replaces Release #: v1.10.2
- Gear changes work when using target resistance (applicable to apps using level control mode, including Fulgaz and TrainerRoad).
Date: 11/17/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.10.2
Replaces Release #: v1.10.1
- Gradient delay is disabled and gradient should change quickly.
- Power usage adjustments to prevent loss of power at extremely high resistance or torque.
- The bike resets to manual mode only after no pedaling for 15 minutes or power cycling (no longer resets 15 minutes of no target changes).
Date: 11/02/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.10.1
Replaces Release #: v1.10.0
- Gradient will change when paired to the StagesBike with ANT.
- LR Balance when bluetooth is enabled between the bike and power meters was reversed, now all LR balance is reported as LL:RR where:
- LL: Percent left
- RR: Percent right
Date: 10/28/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.10.0
Replaces Release #: v1.9.0
- Refactored firmware, resolved some low-level issues and improved overall efficiency and reliability.
- Left power meter can now be set to connect to the bike using Bluetooth instead of ANT (useful in wireless signal heavy environments/if experiencing drops to connected applications). Note: This makes the left meter invisible over Bluetooth to other applications.
- Golden cheetah control support.
- Brakes are active in Erg mode.
- Issues with pulling both brakes causing strange behavior have been resolved.
- Fix for body weight and equipment weight.
- Android Link app no longer prevents other apps from controlling the bike.
Date: 7/20/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.9.2
Replaces Release #: v1.9.1
- Cadence no longer spikes/drops in regular intervals.
- Level mode in Sufferfest works as intended.
Date: 7/09/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.9.1
Replaces Release #: v1.8.3
- Dual Bluetooth connections Pair to a third party application and manage or view bike properties in the Stages Link App concurrently.
Date: 6/30/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.8.3
Replaces Release #: v1.8.2
- Reduction in power data latency to applications connected to the StagesBike.
Date: 6/24/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.8.2
Replaces Release #: v1.8.1
- Gradient no longer needs delay or smoothing in Zwift.
Date: 6/23/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.8.1
Replaces Release #: v1.8.0
UI no longer acknowledges gear changes in Erg mode.
Default serial numbers are now assigned to all bikes without one, including bikes with replacement boards. These serial numbers will begin with A9.
Date: 6/11/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.8.0
Replaces Release #: v1.6.0
Customization support coming with Link app 2.7.0
- Virtual setups—A virtual setup is a group of settings that emulate a bike and that can be changed and applied to any app paired to the StagesBike to create multiple virtual setups. Included in Link app 2.7.0 release.
- Gearing options—Choose your gearing for riding in Manual, Sim and Level modes.
- Custom gearing—Set up the StagesBike to match an outdoor bike by customizing the front chainring(s) and rear cassette.
- Dream Drive—An optimized gearing configuration that offers up to 50 gear adjustments within the largest real-life gear ratio (5:1) and smallest real life gear ratio (1:1).
- Button configuration options—Assign functions to each button or choose from presets mapped similarly to common shifting layouts on road bikes. Choose from Shimano, Campagnolo, or custom configurations.
- Gradient scaling—Adjusts gradient values applied to the StagesBike when received from a controller.
- Live metrics display—View power, cadence, and left/right balance in the Link app.
- StagesBike can be paired to as a cadence sensor.
- Reset function restores bike and user settings to default by pressing and holding the left and right shift lever auxiliary buttons for 5 seconds (behind the shift buttons).
- Third party button mapping available in public API—allow connected applications to react to button presses on the StagesBike (currently unsupported by any application, integrations coming).
- User and equipment weight support (coming in Link app 2.8.0).
- Gradient smoothing and delay can be disabled (coming in Link app 2.8.0).
- Improved power meter version reporting to the Link app.
- Power meter temperature reported for logging ambient room temperature.
- Added bike configuration status (bike knows if it has been previously configured by Link app).
- Bike will now reconnect to Zwift after completing a Zwift session.
- Fixed compatibility issues with the Road Grand Tour app.
- Level mode in Sufferfest now works as intended.
Date: 4/28/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.6.0
Replaces Release #: v1.5.1
- Improved power meter pairing.
- Improved power meter version reporting to Stages Link app.
- Improved speed reporting in Erg mode.
- Improvements for use with Rouvy, Road Grand Tour, and Kinomap.
- Resistance for sprinting in Erg mode now decreases after a workout step.
- Power meter sensor disconnection no longer results in power spikes.
- Right power meters now appear in the Link App search menu.
- Changing control apps now allows mode to change.
Date: 4/6/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.5.1
- 4 Control Modes:
- Erg/Target Power
- Power data via Stages L/R Power meters with Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity.
- Electronically-controlled shifting and braking
- 2×11 gear range
- Pairing capacity to multiple apps and devices
- Third-party app compatability