ATTENTION: Make sure your Dash is charged to at least 15% battery before updating firmware.
Date: 07/19/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.1.0
Replaces Release #: v3.0.8
- New Data settings preset modes to simplify existing data recording settings.
- When in sleep mode, a sleep screen is displayed instead of only dimming the backlight.
- Total ascent and descent display as 0 instead of “–”.
- The lap span indicator in the graph changes to minutes format after 60s.
- Map colors adjusted for dark mode.
- FE-C device changes to Sim mode if a workout is removed mid-ride.
- HR color wheel unit changed from BPM to the HR icon.
- L/R balance goes to zero.
- Sim mode commands are sent to FE-C equipment for workout laps without power targets.
- GPX track support added.
- Overlay menus no longer appear with the wrong menu item selected.
- TCX files display cues and elevation profiles when loaded in a ride.
- Switching from dark to light mode mid-ride no longer causes the breadcrumb trail to be lost.
- The lap overlay displays average power when using an automatic profile.
- The home screen displays if a USB data connection was plugged in mid-ride.
- 30s gradient should work correctly.
- Changing from a trainer to a power meter as the power source mid-ride no longer causes power fields to appear blank.
- GPX courses with invalid fields can be loaded correctly.
- Trainer control data field displays control value consistently.
- Map distortion no longer appears at the top of the map.
- All fit courses load into courses files instead of some remaining in the add_files directory.
- Workouts deactivate correctly when deactivated from the ride screen menu.
- Workout graph power line is no longer difficult to see when the interval is yellow in dark mode.
- The cue sheet displays the next cue at the top of the sheet.
- Lap Normalized Power now works as expected.
Date: 06/06/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.8
Replaces Release #: v3.0.7
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Date: 05/16/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.7
Replaces Release #: v3.0.6
Date: 05/09/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.6
Replaces Release #: v3.0.5
Date: 03/24/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.5
Replaces Release #: v3.0.4
- Incorrect ride dates no longer appear in the ride history.
Date: 03/10/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.4
Replaces Release #: v2.5.2
- User interface redesign – The entire user interface has received a new look. Some menu items may have moved, but it’s all still there, including some new things as well.
- E-bike integration –
- Dash pairs to and shows a full-page E-bike dashboard when in use.
- Added E-bike as a movement option for speed and distance.
- Displays error codes from the E-bike as overlays.
- Overlay current assist mode on graphs when an E-bike is paired.
- Automatic profile – A profile is added to every Dash that does not allow custom pages and only uses paired sensors and internal data to create ride pages.
- Auto sensor scanning – The Dash now scans for sensors automatically and will prompt to pair with any sensor it finds. This can be disabled from the overlay menu.
- Time in zones field and page – Added a Time in zones preset page, which is a full page displaying a table of time in each zone, as well as a time in zones graph that can be added to any page as a data field.
- The Dash can now handle zipped files. Added zipped map files, courses, and workouts will be unzipped and organized.
- Power mode is now called Battery Saver and has been reduced to two settings: On and off.
- When a trainer is paired to a smart profile, the speed-based smart page will display if there are no speed metrics in the profile.
- The off-course notification defaults to off.
- Dash model number appears in Settings > Dash settings > About.
- Dash serial number appears in Settings > Dash settings > About.
- Automatic time in zones page disabled by default.
- Workouts are now displayed in chronological order.
- The basic ride summary smart page that used to show up at the end of a smart profile now displays first with instantaneous ride data included.
- Changed the display mode settings from Day and Night to Light and Dark.
- Added option in the units setting menu to change imperial to metric measurements.
- Default sleep setting is now 20 minutes (was never).
- Course and breadcrumb trail will show up in the map field even if there are no tiles on the Dash.
- Data field text color is now based on the background of the field to improve visibility.
- The Add-to-all sensor setting is automatically enabled for all existing and newly created profiles.
- Time in zone is displayed in ride history for every ride if power and/or heart rate data is present.
- Text size increased on Portrait L data fields that are 3 high by 1 wide.
- Workouts now have the planned date listed in the menu item.
- The Dash will display low battery notifications for connected sensors regardless of preferences, and will only show once every hour.
- The auto lap default setting is now “All workout steps”.
- Changed “Main menu” to “Settings” on the Dash home page.
- Text overflowing the width of a menu item will scroll when the item is highlighted.
- Courses and workouts are listed under the Files menu instead of being organized into sub-menus.
- The in-ride menu has been re-organized for simplicity.
- The change profile option has moved to the power button menu.
- Smart pages display the time in zones data field where applicable.
- The map list is now alphabetized for easier searching.
- Added kJ and Time as separate triggers for eat and drink reminders.
- When going back in the menu, the last selected item is displayed on the previous page.
- Radar-related icons are now easier to see in night mode.
- Increased the number of cues that fit on the cue sheet to 500.
- Android app no longer sends two pairing requests.
- Maps no longer hang or crash when going off-course during a ride.
- Adding and removing devices during a ride no longer causes strange behavior on smart pages.
- Speed and cadence device icon problems have been fixed.
- Course now reloads following map crash/error.
- Lap time text no longer overlaps with color wheels.
- BLE Polar H7 HR Strap, 4iiii power meter and Power2Max BLE no longer cause apps on the Dash to crash.
- The UI correctly saves a page after you edit the page and then long-press the lap/back button.
- Chinese text is no longer cut off at the bottom.
- 3-second average power now goes over 5.0 w/kg.
- BLE low battery alert now persists until dismissed.
- Units for weight in the menu now match the user setting.
- Ignoring power meter zeros caused TSS and Normalized Power to be under-reported in the UI.
- Going to the main menu while riding a course no longer resets the course.
- The radar no longer causes disconnection for other ANT devices.
- Activities no longer appear as “cross-train” or “generic” or any other value.
- The Dash no longer boots up when disconnected from USB power while displaying the battery charge screen.
- Pre-existing Wi-Fi networks can no longer be added.
- Off course notification distance now reports the correct distance and direction to the closest point on the course.
- TCX files loaded to the add_files folder now show correct navigation, points of interest, and elevation.
Date: 04/20/21 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.5.2
Replaces Release #: v2.5.1
Date: 01/14/21 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.5.1
Replaces Release #: v2.4.2
- Smart Profiles – Smart profiles automatically add new pages to the existing page set based on connected sensors and existing page contents.
- Smart Light Connectivity – Pair to ANT+ enabled bike lights to change their mode, power on and off, and view their battery level from the Dash.
- Ride preview – Press the ride start button to preview your ride screen.
- Set your Activity type to assist Stages Link and other training platforms in categorizing your rides.
- Sensor icons updated to fit more icons across the status bar. Icons will now also indicate pairing status:
- Red: Searching
- Green: Paired
- Courses and workouts added to the in-ride menu.
- Time to go at the end of a workout step instead will display a negative value (“-0:02”).
- Calendar courses and workouts sorted by date in menu.
- Trainer sends distance at end of ride.
- Data field borders in night mode changed to grey instead of white.
- Raw barometer readings logged in fit files.
- Ukrainian language added.
- Sensor menu items that contain no data are hidden.
- Firmware filename reflects the version ID for all future releases.
- Improved sensor connectivity during a ride where ANT sensors are paired to the active profile but not present (searching reduces after 5 minutes).
- L50 successfully exits USB mode.
- Dash map tile names appear correctly.
- Dash no longer reboots after being ejected from PC.
- Course cue sheet will no longer appear when there are no navigation cues to display.
- Dash ends workouts with a final lap event.
- Link app sync issues resolved.
- Screenshots in landscape mode save in the correct orientation.
- 3s average gradient no longer maxes out at 10%.
- Lap history chart and lap overlay ascent metric appear correctly.
- Speed appears in the lap overlay when Trainer is selected as a movement source.
- SRM power meter reporting corrected.
- Dash battery reporting updates continuously instead of jumping from a low value to 100%.
- WKO4+ workouts with auto laps no longer create extra laps.
- Altitude and temperature logging issues resolved.
- Low battery reports for connected sensors will appear as expected.
- ANT sensors of different type with the same ANT ID can be paired at the same time.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Date: 11/17/20 (m/d/y)
Release #: 2.4.2
Replaces Release #: 2.4.1
- Deleted sensors no longer cause a freeze on the Dash home screen.
Date: 07/17/20 (m/d/y)
Release #: 2.4.1
Replaces Release #: 2.4.0
- Course files with a high number of navigation cues work as expected.
- Stages Link app pairing interruptions resolved.
Date: 07/09/20 (m/d/y)
Release #: 2.4.0
Replaces Release #: 2.3.1
- All sensor preferences (for cases where there is more than one source of data) moved to the profile settings.
- Cadence, speed, and distance from a trainer are saved in the FIT file.
- 3-second power and cadence fields go to zero irrespective of P+C zeros setting.
- Color wheel improvements for visibility in all cell sizes.
- Lap time added to color wheel when not in a workout.
- Time zone settings are retained after firmware updates.
- Battery level reports correctly for ANT legacy sensors.
- Dash correctly honors sleep setting when GPS is lost while GPS pause is enabled.
- SRM power meter issues resolved.
- Lap speed appears correctly in the lap overlay and lap history chart.
- Lap heart rate displays correctly in the color wheel.
- Default position of the arrow in the color wheel is now 0.
Date: 5/13/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.3.1
Replaces Release #: v2.2.1
- Trainer Control:
- Connect to ANT+ FE-C enabled trainers.
- New trainer control data field.
- Control resistance and active trainer workouts using interactive data fields.
- Disable control and use the device in view-only mode to display trainer data.
- Interactive Data Fields: Fields with additional options will show a cog icon in the bottom left corner for 10 seconds.
- Enter custom wheel sizes for speed sensors using the text editor.
- Sensor data preferences (power source, cadence source, and movement source) moved to profile settings (previously in the individual sensor menu).
- Increased resolution for elevation recording from 2m to 20cm.
- Sensor limit increased from 10 to 14 for ANT, 12 for Bluetooth.
- Added sensor limit notification.
- Dash no longer goes to sleep while a ride is active.
- Actual kilojoule values are reported.
- Phone notification snooze setting now resets after a ride.
- Adjusted power and T-score remain accurate over longer rides.
- Dash powers off after 1 hour of sleep regardless of phone notifications.
- Power2Max Bluetooth connection repaired.
- Sensor disconnect and reconnect no longer results in a big power spike when the user starts pedaling before reconnect.
Date: 4/7/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.2.1
Replaces Release #: v2.2.0
- Target RPM field expanded to fit three digits.
- Saved indication added to edit pages.
- Targets in the Power or Heart Rate Zone data fields now report to the tenth place.
- Maps remain visible after editing a page with a map on it during a ride.
- Dash no longer records sensor data during paused time, in order to resolve some issues on platforms that do not treat pause and resume events correctly.
- Indoor rides with no GPS are now listed in the current timezone rather than defaulting to GMT +0.
- Workout steps with no targets are now handled correctly, and will show no target definition.
- Workout notification settings now work as intended.
Date: 3/17/20 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.2.0
Replaces Release #: v2.1.1
- Map tool update – streamlined pan and zoom functionality.
- Workout graph enhancements:
- Power/heart rate graphs now appear on top of target values in the workout graph.
- Target range is now shaded on the workout graph (instead of max target value).
- Workout graph zooms to the current for the first 30 seconds, then shows the current and next 4 intervals.
- Graph y-axis includes a 100 W buffer above the largest interval target.
- Workout graph remains viewable past the end of a workout.
- Sleep mode added.
- Charging indication while Dash is powered off.
- Outer and inner interval support through Stages Link workout builder.
- New tones specific to radar notifications.
- Added Thai language.
- Added wheel size prompt when adding a new speed sensor.
- Snooze phone notifications temporarily during a ride using the shortcut overlay.
- Stages LR meters paired via Bluetooth now show left/right balance.
- Changes to any settings in the Link app will immediately show up on the Dash.
- Veloviewer courses exported as FIT files now have navigation cues.
- Added support for Favero Assioma pedals.
- Added support for Cinch power meters.
- Added support for PowerTap pedals.
- Shortcut menu functions as intended while viewing the sensor search page.
- Power and cadence averages in .FIT files are consistent with Dash UI.
- Garmin speed sensors paired to profiles with sensor pause enabled no longer cause numerous start/stop notifications.
- Correct speed data is now recorded during GPS pause (speed prior to pause is no longer held as a constant).
- Garmin Vector pedals ANT ID’s now appear correctly in sensor menus.
- Rides completed on the last day of some months appear in the correct month within ride history.
- Average speed displayed during a ride now matches the average speed reported in ride history.
- Files over 2GB are now successfully deleted when executing a factory reset.
- Dash now drops power and cadence values to 0 while stopped.
- Lap average speed now displays correctly in the lap summary overlay.
Date: 12/10/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.1.1
Replaces Release #: v2.1.0
- Connecting both a speed sensor and radar via ANT would cause disconnect/connect overlays to repeatedly appear.
Date: 12/03/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.1.0
Replaces Release #: v2.0.0
- Radar integration – Connect to the Varia radar to be notified of oncoming cars from your Dash. Radar integration includes:
- Approaching car display provides alerts for proximity and relative speed.
- Enable audio and visual notifications for approaching vehicles.
- Edit profile data pages from the Link App. Available with version 2.4.2 and later on both iOS and Android.
- Add and delete profiles.
- Add and delete pages.
- Adjust field layouts and field size.
- Customize fields.
- Custom training zones – Customize training zone ranges, add/delete zones, and change zone colors.
- Calendar workouts and courses synced to the Dash now show the date in front of their name.
- Zero reset values are now saved in the FIT file and tracked in the Power Meter tab in Stages Link.
- Courses from VeloViewer now include navigation cues.
- Settings synced from the Link App now appear on the Dash settings page immediately.
- When in low or metered power modes, a notification will wake the Dash.
- Error logging is now recorded in the logs file in .dash > logs.
- Ride file save time is significantly reduced.
- Auto-zone FTP detection now allows you to accept the new value or keep your current FTP.
- Drag files directly onto the Dash, as previously possible only to the add_files folder. The Dash will now read the files and place them in the correct folders. Add_files still works as it has.
- “Synced to Link” icon added to ride history records.
- Fixed an instance of maps freezing while riding a course.
- Occasionally the UI would show distance accumulation, but the FIT file would not. The FIT file now records movement the same as the UI display.
- Dash rides now show total descent in Stages Link.
- Korean characters are no longer cut off in data fields.
- Battery percentage on the M50 could be inaccurate and jump around between charge cycles.
- Dash now reads SRM power meters correctly.
- Courses with accents or other special characters in their names now work in the add_files folder.
Date: 11/19/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v2.0.0
Replaces Release #: v1.1.2
- Battery life improvement for both M50 and L50: Extends Dash run time to 11+ hours, even while using functions like maps, courses, power, and heart rate sensors. In Low power mode, run times up to 24h are possible (L50).
- GPS reception improvement.
- Map text, course directionality, and map loading speed improvements.
- Demo mode.
- Faster startup time when powering on.
- Ride records will now include both the date and start time, rather than end time, so you know when they occurred.
- Next step workout overlays appear before the start of the next step so you know what’s coming.
- Completed ride files now auto-associate with courses and workouts previously added to the Stages Link calendar.
- Improved power meter connectivity (occasional disconnections resolved).
- Improved accuracy for ride metrics, including average speed, altitude, distance, heart rate, and calories.
- Added factory reset option: reset user settings & profiles while retaining workouts, courses and maps.
- Workouts and courses can now be added to rides in progress.
- GPS and power metrics will no longer record when a ride is paused.
- Heart rate data will continue to update when a ride is paused.
- Heart rate sensors will stay connected when a ride is paused.
- Dash could get stuck in “Entering USB mode”—Dash now enters USB mode successfully.
- Reported battery life will now reflect actual battery life when Dash is fully charged.
- Compliance targets in Link will match Training Peaks targets.
- Data fields for sensors that disconnect will now show “–”
- Text is formatted to fit within data field boundaries without bleeding into other fields.
- Page editing will no longer result in duplicate fields populating on pages.
- Auto-backlight mode issues are resolved.
- T-Score continues accurate calculation for T-scores above 200.
- Some intensity factor spans would not show data—those not supported have been removed.
Date: 9/18/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.1.2
Replaces Release #: v1.1.1
- At low elevation, the Dash can at times stop logging altitude data for the rest of the ride.
- FIT file can become corrupted.
Date: 8/27/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.1.1
Replaces Release #: v1.0.1
- Added ride history functionality.
- Added lap history preset page and lap summary overlay.
- Added adaptive zones feature to auto-adjust FTP and FThr based on recent ride data.
- Added new power management settings to optimize battery usage.
- Overall battery life improvements.
- Increased text size for units to improve readability.
- Map improvements: Updated color for breadcrumb trail, course overlap indicator, progress indicator for pan/zoom tools and map tile loading.
- Added navigation cues data field.
- Added next step and previous step workout data fields.
- Added last lap span for data fields.
- Added workout compliance to ride files to allow users to view compliance information in Stages Link.
- Outer interval support for Stages Link workouts containing both outer and inner intervals.
- Workout graph auto zoom feature: Workout graph will zoom to a 5-minute scale within 30s of an interval ending.
- Faster ride sync over Bluetooth.
- Workouts can be added during a ride.
- FIT file improvements (ride summary and device/sensor information).
- Various other minor improvements.
- Speed/cadence sensor bug: Fixes issues with over reported distance when using a speed sensor.
- Fixed heart rate zone issues.
- Fixed heart rate zone color wheel issues.
- Fixed power meter auto zero and crank length settings.
- Fixed various issues with RideWithGPS course files.
- Fixed workout cadence targets.
- Fixed rapid fluctuations in gradient and elevation.
- Time of day not updating while paused.
- Fixed map flipping issue.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
Date: 6/10/19 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v1.0.1
Replaces Release #: n/a