Set Up Wizard
On first use, the Dash will prompt you with an initial set up wizard to get you started riding with the Dash. Select your language and the Dash will walk you through the basic operation of the Dash buttons.
The Dash set up wizard will also walk you through pairing to your phone through the Stages Cycling app. If you do not have the Stages Cycling app, you can still enter all of this information through the set up wizard.
- Units: Choose your units preference for distance, weight, and temperature.
- Weight: Body weight will be used to calculate certain metrics, such as calories burned, W/kg for power, etc.
- Power meter: If you use a power meter, select yes here. We will need an FTP in order to set up power zones. If you do not know your FTP, we can estimate it here.
- Heart rate: If you use a heart rate monitor, select yes here. We will need to know your Threshold HR (FTHR) in order to set up heart rate zones. If you do not know your FTHR, we can estimate it here.
- Wi-Fi: Connect to a Wi-Fi network now to complete adding maps and check for firmware updates.
Once the initial setup is complete, you can start using your Dash with your Automatic profile or make a new profile and start customizing your Dash ride pages.
See also: User settings.