ATTENTION: Make sure your Dash is charged to at least 15% battery before updating firmware.
Date: 08/23/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.5.0
Replaces Release #: v3.4.0
- Database and climb robustness improvements.
- SyncMgr improvements.
- Rolling gradients update correctly when backtracking on a climb.
- Dash redirects to a consistent page after adding a new sensor.
- Ascent-to-end and distance-to-end metrics at the end of the climb work now as expected.
- Ascent to end/next and descent to end/next no longer shows metric units when imperial units are selected.
- First climb timer starts correctly when a course starts with a climb.
- Analytics should not show 0.0 speed if you are pedaling.
- Fixed issue where Analytics has no profile settings on ride start.
- User zones and other settings are recovered in case of a UI recovery.
Date: 07/12/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.4.0
Replaces Release #: v3.3.4
- New upcoming climb overlay
- Climb notification settings added to Settings > Dash settings > Maps and courses.
- Improved UI stability.
- Better and more consistent icons for navigation cues.
- Improved course tracking when going off course and coming back.
- After completing a climb, Dash returns to the last used page.
- Updated default climb metrics when HR or Power are not present
- Various backend improvements
- Even better map recovery and safer map guardrails.
- Climb summary metrics display properly when power or heart rate are not paired.
- Analytics show 0.0 speed when ride is paused instead of holding the last value.
- Status icon fixes.
- Addressed one cause of red or yellow map screen.
- Fixed a UI issue where overlays could stop working.
- Lap/back dismisses climb overlay.
- File manager fixes.
- Various other bug fixes.
Date: 06/01/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.3.4
Replaces Release #: v3.3.3
- Fix for some map tiles not being able to download over Wi-Fi.
- UI robustness improvements.
Date: 05/03/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.3.3
Replaces Release #: v3.3.2
- Climbs and course distance to go no longer backtrack unexpectedly when a course overlaps itself.
- Gradient flows correctly to prevent an incorrect check on climb gradient.
Date: 04/21/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.3.2
Replaces Release #: v3.3.1
- New method for finding course cues along the route to avoid cues being skipped on courses that pass by the same location multiple times.
- Use Course-defined distance if available, to improve consistency with course cues.
- Better mechanism for choosing the current location in the course.
- Rolling gradients fixed on courses that end on an uphill.
Date: 03/31/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.3.1
Replaces Release #: v3.3.0
- Smarter course matching allows the Dash to correct course position when it accidentally jumps ahead on out-and-back courses.
- When connecting to a trainer and using an automatic profile, the Dash honors the trainer as a movement source in its data page presentation.
- The lap overlay and lap history show power from a trainer.
- Power values are recorded when invalid cadence values are sent from the power sensor.
- Directional arrows on the course line now show the correct direction.
- Preset summary page issues fixed.
- Invalid course files no longer cause issues with the Dash climb feature.
Date: 03/22/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.3.0
Replaces Release #: v3.2.2
- Climb: Dash will now analyze course files for climbs along the route and display the following:
- Climb list: The climb list displays a list of all climbs present in your course in a table, including number, distance to climb, length, ascent, and average grade. Select a completed climb to view a summary of your performance or select an upcoming climb to view the profile and climb details.
- Climb profile: The climb profile page displays a profile of the climb as a color-coded gradient (from green to dark red) profile, with climb progress grayed out
- Live climb metrics: Current climb time, power, heart rate, and VAM are displayed top left corner.
- Climb remaining: Distance and ascent to the top of the climb are displayed at the bottom of the climb profile page.
- Climb settings: Choose to see the climb page for All, Medium and above, or Large climbs only, and if you would like to create a new lap for every climb.
- Charge status displays on the charging screen while the Dash is powered off.
- Columns with no data are hidden in the lap history chart.
- Improvements to temperature readings.
- Map tile downloads are now queued so that all tiles are downloaded when multiple map tiles are selected to download over Wi-Fi.
- Resolved notification settings problems between the app and Dash on initial pairing and setup.
- The Dash requires at least 2% battery to turn on fully, preventing strange issues with bootup and battery reporting.
- Elapsed time metric no longer stays at 0:00.
- Various fixes to prevent a loss of the breadcrumb trail and other map-related stability improvements.
- Battery notifications no longer cause beeps even when the notification was not displayed.
- Minor translation fixes.
- Various minor robustness improvements.
Date: 02/27/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.2.2
Replaces Release #: v3.2.1
- Dash screen no longer freezes during a ride.
- Light sensor icons fixed.
- Breadcrumb trail now recovers after map crashes.
Date: 02/01/23 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.2.1
Replaces Release #: v3.2.0
- Text messages from some iPhones no longer cause the Dash to freeze.
- Maps no longer stay frozen after maps crash.
Date: 12/06/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.2.0
Replaces Release #: v3.1.0
- Shimano E-Bike compatibility – Dash computers now connect to and display data from Shimano STEPS-equipped E-bikes.
- Better GPS pause filtering.
- Dash battery charge reaches 100%.
- Time of day displays correctly after midnight.
- Radar notification bar no longer shows red when no cars are approaching.
- LR balance does not appear in ride history when no LR balance data exists.
- Varia Radar and other smart lights correctly respond to on/off commands.
- Interval beep warning occurs for each interval when interval steps repeat.
- Ascent to next and distance to next fields populate with accurate data.
- Sleep screen no longer appears while in battery saver mode.
Date: 07/19/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.1.0
Replaces Release #: v3.0.8
- When in sleep mode, a sleep screen is displayed instead of only dimming the backlight.
- Total ascent and descent display as 0 instead of “–”.
- The lap span indicator in the graph changes to minutes format after 60s.
- Map colors adjusted for dark mode.
- FE-C device changes to Sim mode if a workout is removed mid-ride.
- HR color wheel unit changed from BPM to the HR icon.
- L/R balance goes to zero.
- Sim mode commands are sent to FE-C equipment for workout laps without power targets.
- GPX track support added.
- Overlay menus no longer appear with the wrong menu item selected.
- TCX files display cues and elevation profiles when loaded in a ride.
- Switching from dark to light mode mid-ride no longer causes the breadcrumb trail to be lost.
- The lap overlay displays average power when using an automatic profile.
- The home screen displays if a USB data connection was plugged in mid-ride.
- 30s gradient should work correctly.
- Changing from a trainer to a power meter as the power source mid-ride no longer causes power fields to appear blank.
- GPX courses with invalid fields can be loaded correctly.
- Trainer control data field displays control value consistently.
- Map distortion no longer appears at the top of the map.
- All fit courses load into courses files instead of some remaining in the add_files directory.
- Workouts deactivate correctly when deactivated from the ride screen menu.
- Workout graph power line is no longer difficult to see when the interval is yellow in dark mode.
- The cue sheet displays the next cue at the top of the sheet.
- Lap Normalized Power works as expected.
Date: 06/06/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.8
Replaces Release #: v3.0.7
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Date: 05/16/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.7
Replaces Release #: v3.0.6
Date: 05/09/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.6
Replaces Release #: v3.0.5
Date: 03/24/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.5
Replaces Release #: v3.0.4
- Incorrect ride dates no longer appear in the ride history.
Date: 3/10/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.4
Replaces Release #: v3.0.1
- Increased the number of cues that fit on the cue sheet to 500.
- TCX files loaded to the add_files folder now show correct navigation, points of interest, and elevation.
- Fixed ride history.
Date: 1/26/22 (m/d/y)
Current Firmware Release #: v3.0.1
Replaces Release #: n/a